List of 10 Career Development Stats
We spend a 1/3 of our waking hours working, but studies show 52% of people are not happy with their career. This is shocking, so we dug into this and found 10 career development stats that validate a serious problem the working professionals and companies are facing right now — a need for support when it comes to career development.
1. 52% people not happy with their career.
2. 76% of employees want opportunities for career growth.
3. 87% of millennials say professional development or career growth opportunities are very important.
4. Over 70% of learning on the job occurs informally.
5. 25% of employees would be more satisfied if they were given the opportunity to do what they do best.
6. Over 50 percent of all organizations globally have difficulty retaining some of their most valued employee groups.
7. 40% of employees who receive poor job training leave their positions within the first year. Bonus: The cost to replace a highly-trained employee can exceed 200 percent of their annual salary.
8. Employees who are “engaged and thriving” are 59 percent less likely to look for a job with a different organization in the next 12 months.
9. Over $500 Billion Is Lost Every Year Due to Employee Disengagement.
10. 74% of Employees Feel That They Are Not Reaching Their Full Potential. Bonus: 72% of Employees Even Think of Financially Contributing to Their Own Training.